Monday 8 July 2013

Two Ingredient Ice Cream

There's nothing better than ice cream on a hot summer day. Unfortunately, whether we like to admit it or not- it's definitely not the best thing for us. At least, so I thought. The other day, I was looking on Pinterest and came across a recipe for homemade ice cream, involving only two ingredients: bananas and peanut butter(I believe it could even be simplified further into a one ingredient ice cream if the peanut butter isn't added).  So, I looked into it more and did some research to see if it really worked. Turns out, much of the internet knows about this 'two ingredient ice cream' and somehow, I had no idea it existed! After reading great reviews, I decided to try it for myself. I suggest you do the same!

The first step is to cut a medium sized banana into little coin like pieces. After that, just put them in a air tight container and pop it in the freezer for 2-3 hours. Next, get out your food processor and add about 1 tbsp of peanut butter (you can use natural or not-so-natural peanut butter). Blend until there are no chunks of banana left and it is a smooth consistency.

Here is a video I made to show the basic steps. At the end I decided to throw in some cocoa powder, and unfortunately, the finished product got cut out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment